So…it’s been a year since my last challenge, and suddenly I feel up to do a new challenge for this year =) But usually, another challenge means a great deal of book shopping trips and a whole new temptation to add books on my already high pile. So I decided to do this challenge instead, to (hopefully!) reduce my TBR stack. I’m gonna make a list of my TBR reads, and soon will move this challenge to a new page so it will be easier for me to check on my progress.
I haven’t really counted my TBR yet, but I guess the number will be between 50-70 books, so for a start I will begin this challenge with the second level: A Friendly Hug (11-20 books). Maybe I can increase my level along the way? Let’s hope! =)
So for you who has a tall tower of unread books at your home, maybe you would like to join me? They have some prizes too!
Welcome to 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge!!!
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they’re gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we’ll finally decide to pick them up..
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking 😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway – 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love At First Sight
41-50 – Married With Children
Evie from Bookish – http://www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com @SeoEvie
Nicole from All I Ever Read – http://www.nicoleabouttown.com/ @Nicoleabouttown
Bonnie from Hands and Home – http://www.handsandhome.ca/ @HandsHomeBlog
Donna from Book Passion For Life – http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/ @BookPforLife
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading – http://whatchyareading.net @caitlingss
Rie from Mission To Read – http://missiontoread.com/ @missiontoread
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea –http://booksbiscuitsandtea.blogspot.com/ @alouetteuette
Christa from Hooked On Books – http://christashookedonbooks.blogspot.com @ChristasBooks
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction – http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/ @fansoffiction
Angel from Mermaids Vision – http://mermaidvision.wordpress.com @mermaidvisions
Wrap-up POST Schedule:
January – Donna (Theme: Let It Snow + Book Cover Challenge)
February – Nicole (Theme: Un-requited Love/Love Gone Wrong + Advice Column Challenge)
March – Rie (Theme: Green or Pinched + Green Cover Challenge)
April – Bonnie (Theme: Easter + Mini Challenge)
May – Christa (Theme: MayDay – Disaster Books! + Cover Disaster Challenge)
June – Jenna ( Theme: Camping + Sentence Challenge)
July – Rie (Theme: International Day + Cover Comparison Challenge)
August – Angel (Theme: Summer Memories + Send Your Fav Character On Vacation Challenge)
September – Nicole (Theme: Life Changing Books + Mini Challenge)
October – Caitlin (Theme: Thanksgiving Theme + Share-A-Book Challenge)
November – Vicky (Theme: Spooky Halloween + Book Puzzle Challenge)
December – Evie (Theme: Xmas Bliss + Book Bachelor Challenge)
My TBR List so far:
Moon Over Manifest – Clare Vanderpool
Have a Little Faith – Mitch Albom
Virgin Blue – Tracy Chevalier
The Lady and The Unicorn – Tracy Chevalier
Motherless Brooklyn -Jonathan Lethem
Ape House – Sara Gruen
Mockingbird – Kathryn Erskine
Lily’s Crossing – Patricia Reilly Giff
The Sixty Eight Rooms – Marianne Malone
The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
Freedom – Jonathan Franzen
Speak – Lauren Handerson
Fahrenheit 451 -Ray Bradburry
My Century – Gunter Grass
Orang-Orang Sadik – Sam Bourne
Tales of The Unexpected – Roald Dahl
Life as We Knew It – Susan Beth Pfeffer
This World We Live In – Susan Beth Pfeffer
The Dead & The Gone – Susan Beth Pfeffer
The Gift – Cecelia Ahern
Replay – Ken Grimwood
Lord of The Flies – William Golding
Greyfriars Bobby- Eleanor Atkinson
Dracula Dossier – James Reese
Swan Thief – Elizabeth Kostova
Middlesex – Jeffrey Eugenides
A Death in Vienna – Frank Tallis
The Road – Cormac McCarthy
Midnight for Charlie Bone – Jenny Nimo
Esperanza Rising – Pam Nunoz
Besides TBR Pile Challenge, I will also join two other challenges this year, just for fun =)
The first one is Name in A Book Challenge, hosted by Fanda, a member of Book Blogger Indonesia.
Tantangannya adalah membaca buku-buku fiksi yang mengandung nama orang di judulnya (nama orang lho, bukan hewan). Misalnya saja: Sarah’s Key, Iblis & Miss Prym, Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows.
1. Buku harus fiksi, bukan non fiksi (biografi / memoar/ buku rohani).
2. Nama yang ada di judul adalah nama seseorang, bukan nama hewan peliharaan, bukan grup/perkumpulan (mis. The Mysterious Benedict Society).
3. Boleh nama lengkap, boleh nama panggilan, tapi bukan nama sandi (mis. The Day of the Jackal).
4. Membaca minimal 6 buku (lebih boleh dong) untuk reading challenge ini, mulai 1 Januari s/d 31 Desember 2012.
5. Boleh digabung dengan reading challenge lainnya yang kalian ikuti.
6. Judul yang sudah dicantumkan dari awal, boleh diganti dengan yang lain.
7. Pasang button Name In A Book Challenge 2012 di blogmu.
Here’s my reading list:
The second challenge is What’s in a Name 5, hosted by Beth Fish Reads.
1. A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: exp. Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
2. A book with something you’d see in the sky in the title: exp. Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas
Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
3. A book with a creepy crawly in the title: exp. Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm
Lord of The Flies by William Golding
4. A book with a type of house in the title: exp. The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, Ape House
5. A book with something you’d carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: exp. Sarah’s Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary
The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers
6. A book with something you’d find on a calendar in the title: exp. Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking
A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks