Period of challenge: January 15, 2015 – January 15, 2016
Yep, it’s a little bit late, but I hope you are still interested in doing another round of challenge – Lucky No.15. After having fun in Lucky No.14 last year, I finally decided to host another year of this challenge.
The rules are still the same like last year, with some slight changes. I still used some favorite categories from last year and add some new ones.
This challenge will require you to read 15 books (or more) from 15 categories below. You can combine the books you read with other challenges, but can not use the same book for different categories in this challenge.
Try to match the categories from your TBR piles 🙂 But if you don’t have any suitable books in your TBR – and want to find an excuse to buy a book for this challenge, that’s totally fine too!
Here are the 15 categories:
- Chunky Brick: Grab that book with more than 500 pages that you’d always been afraid to tackle. You know you can do it!– The Moonstone (Wilkie Collins) — 640 pages!
- Something New: Just purchased a book lately? Don’t let it buried in your stacks, read it now! — The Impossible Knife of Memory (Laurie Halse Anderson)– one of my fave authors!
- Something Borrowed: Read a book that you borrowed from someone else. Don’t make the owner waiting forever for you to finish it. (Books borrowed from friends, libraries, or even rental places, are allowed) — The Zookeeper’s Wife (Stephen Conte) — borrowed this one from Yuska quite a while ago 😀
- It’s Been There Forever: Dig your TBR pile and read a book that has been there more than a year. It’s time for you to appreciate it 🙂 —The End of Your Life Book Club (Will Schwalbe) – been in my shelf since 2013
- Freebies Time: What’s the LAST free book you’ve got? Whether it’s from giveaway, a birthday gift or a surprise from someone special, don’t hold back any longer. Open the book and start reading it now 😀 — The 5th Wave (Rick Yancey) -second gift from my Secret Santa!
- Bargain All The Way: Ever buying a book because it’s so cheap you don’t really care about the content? Now it’s time to open the book and find out whether it’s really worth your cents. —Farundell (L.R. Fredericks)
- Favorite Color: Pick a book from your shelf which has your favorite color for its cover! Is it pink, red or black? You decide.– Blue is my color, and I found it in Mary,Mary (James Patterson)
- First Initial: Read a book that has been written by an author whose first initial is the same with you (Example: My name is Astrid, and I can read anything written by Agatha Christie, Aesop, Arthur Conan Doyle, etc) —The Golden Ball and Other Stories (Agatha Christie)
- Super Series: Read one (or more!) books that belong in a series, it can be trilogy, or tetralogy, or anything.– Ruby Red series (Kerstien Gier)
- Opposites Attract: Read a book that’s been written by a writer whose gender is different from your own. — Whittington -Alan Armstrong
- Randomly Picked: Ask someone else (a friend, your spouse, even your kids!) to randomly pick a book from your TBR pile. Don’t complain whatever they choose for you, just read it 🙂 — TBD, will ask Yofel to choose! 😀
- Cover Lust: Grab a book from your shelf that you bought because you fell in love with the cover. Is the content as good as the cover? —The Wild Things (Dave Eggers)
- Who Are You Again?: You’ve never read a book from this author, maybe you haven’t even heard his/her name before. But who knows? Maybe he/she will become your new favorite author! —The Reluctant Journal of Henry K. Larsen (Susin Nielsen)
- One Word Only!: Read a book that only has one word for its title (number is allowed as long as it’s only consisted of one word, e.g: 1, 2, 11). –Astray (Emma Donoghue)
- Dream Destination: Read a book that has setting in a place you’ve never visited before – but would like to if you have a chance. Could be real places or even fictional! –TBD (need contemplation haha)
RIEDEL Fascination said:
Where do we sign up?
Hi, there’s actually a linky below the “Master Post/Sign Up” part. It’s hidden because I think there’s something wrong with the html code, I’ll try to fix it. Thanks for joining!
Pingback: [BOOK REVIEW] The Labors of Hercules by Agatha Christie | sehunblackpearl
Pingback: [BOOK REVIEW] AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES by JOHN GREEN | sehunblackpearl
HI ! I’ve just dicovered your blog! This is a very interesting challenge but it’s already super late in 2015 so i guess i will have to pass this one and join the next one fore 2016. Nice to meet you, by the way. I’m hanna