Yeaaay! My favorite challenge is back 🙂
This time, there are five categories that need to be followed. Looking for a book which title can match a certain category has always been part of the fun in this challenge, so I am all for excitement!
Here are the five categories for this year, and my choice of books for each category:
- A reference to time (Eleven Minutes, Before Ever After): 4.50 From Paddington (Agatha Christie)
- A position of royalty (The People’s Queen, The Last Empress, The Curse Of The Pharaoh): Empress Orchid (Anchee Min)
- A number written in letters (The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, A Tale Of Two Cities): One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
- A forename or names (Rebecca, Eleanor & Park, The Unfinished Work Of Elizabeth D.): The Narrative of John Smith (Arthur Conan Doyle)
- A type or element of weather (Gone With The Wind, Red Earth Pouring Rain): Cloud Atlas (David Mitchell)
- Books can be any format (print, audio, ebook).
- It’s preferred that the books don’t overlap with other challenges, but not a requirement at all.
- Books cannot overlap categories (for instance my first example, Eleven Minutes, could be used for category 1 or 3 but not both).
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
- You don’t have to make your list of books beforehand, you can choose them as you go.
- You don’t have to read your chosen books in any particular order.
Can’t wait to start this great challenge!