One more wrap up post for challenge in 2012- this time is for What’s in a Name (5) Challenge, hosted by Beth Fish Reads. It’s a very fun challenge, especially trying to find a suitable title for each category- from my TBR pile.
Following are my reads for this challenge:
1. A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: exp. Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley
The Road by Cormac McCarthy –> this one was a hard read, but very worth it!
2. A book with something you’d see in the sky in the title: exp. Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas
Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool –> My first 5 star book of the year, thanks to this challenge!
3. A book with a creepy crawly in the title: exp. Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm
Lord of The Flies by William Golding –> Gonna re-read this book one day.
4. A book with a type of house in the title: exp. The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, Ape House
Ape House by Sara Gruen –> Not so memorable, but the animal there is quite interesting.
5. A book with something you’d carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: exp. Sarah’s Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary
The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers –> I enjoyed reread this book so much! A great experience indeed.
6. A book with something you’d find on a calendar in the title: exp. Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking
A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks –> Boring British novel, very slow.
Because this challenge is so much fun, I’ll join again for next year, wait for my post and reading list! =)